The strategic plan of the port of Pointe-Noire intends to adapt, re-evaluate, and redefine, if needed, the port’s missions in order to improve its competitiveness against other regional ports and in specific areas of port operation.
The strategic plan will define the main guidelines, the modality of action, as well as the estimated general expenditures and revenue necessary for its implementation.
Main phases :
- Diagnosis: institutional framework, master plan, Congo’s development plans and orientations, strengths and weaknesses of the port,
- Critical analysis of the neighboring port’s development strategies,
- Assessment of traffic forecasts,
- Proposition of strategy scenarios for each sector (management and operation, marketing, partnerships, participations…), benchmarking of similar port strategies, evaluation of the missions considered by the PAPN
- Detailed multi-criteria analysis of the scenarios,
- Drafting of the final five-year strategic and operational plan,
- Identification of the capacity-building’s needs,
- Proposition of courses of action.
Local clients and beneficiaries:
- Port Autonome de Pointe-Noire,
- All actors of the port community.
Post project results :
Support in the implementation of the selected identified actions for each ambition and strategic axes.
Environmental impact :
Proposal for a road map and selected indicators used in the “smart-port” topic
Intervention domainsRenewables energies
CountriesRepublic of the Congo
Files to download
- Fiche projet INDDIGO Port autonome de Pointe Noire Congo EN( pdf - 423.47 KB )